For patients requiring Psychosexual support and information the following services are available:
The Wellbeing Service is an Improving Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) service. This is a government initiative to provide easily accessible, evidence based treatments, to the general population experiencing common mental health problems such as anxiety and depression.
Limited in house psychotherapy is available for Genitourinary Medicine related psychological problems (such as non adjustment to a Herpes diagnosis or health anxiety related to HIV). Please write a referral letter to the relevant clinic:
- Stevenage Clinic Stevenage Clinic, Southgate Health Centre, Stevenage, SG1 1HB
- Watford Clinic. 1st Floor, The Annexe, Watford Town Hall, Hempstead Road, Watford, WD17 3EX
- St Albans. St. Albans City Hospital, Waverley Road, St. Albans, AL3 5PN
Initial assessment and provision of a management plan for these patients is provided by Sexual Health Hertfordshire. Ongoing treatment is not provided. If other specialist input is required such as psychotherapy, physiotherapy, pain management or dermatology services then patients will be referred back to the GP for onward referral.
Please send a referral letter to the relevant clinic :
- Dr Sarah Edwards Stevenage Clinic Stevenage Clinic, Southgate Health Centre, Stevenage, SG1 1HB
- Dr Rasha Dabis : Watford Clinic.1st Floor, The Annexe, Watford Town Hall, Hempstead Road, Watford, WD17 3EX
- Dr Faryal Mahar St Albans Clinic St. Albans Clinic, St. Albans City Hospital, Waverley Road, St. Albans, AL3 5PN
Further information and support:
Initial assessment and management plan is provided at St Albans clinic for complex GU issues such as persistent/recurrent urethritis or persistent/recurrent epididymo-orchitis. Please note this DOES NOT INCLUDE assessment or treatment of Erectile Disorders or Erectile Dysfunction, prostatitis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome or other genital regional pain syndromes, ejaculatory disorders or other urological issues– please refer to local Urology service
Referral letter to be sent to St Albans Clinic:
- Dr Kilian Dunphy St Albans Clinic St. Albans City Hospital, Waverley Road, St. Albans, AL3 5PN
Erectile dysfunction clinics are not a specialist service provided by Sexual Health Hertfordshire. For medical assessment and treatment of erectile dysfunction including complex or unresponsive cases, refer to your local Urology department.
The Living Room is an abstinence-based addiction recovery charity in Hertfordshire providing free daytime treatment for all addictions including sex, love and romance addiction.
The Gender Identity Clinic (GIC) provide holistic gender care, focusing on the biological/medical, psychological and social aspects of gender. They accept referrals for patients who are aged 17 years and older onto our waiting list.
Transgender and Non-Binary Support Group (TSG) provides monthly groups in Hertfordshire for those who identify as trans or non-binary and parents, carers, family and friends.